Energy & Utilities
The change that lies ahead are of great potential significance. New technologies, unforeseen possibilities, different ways of generating, distributing, storing and use of power will all play their major part. Power demand is likely to increase gradually in the developed countries and increase rapidly in the developing countries. Energy & Utilities of the future will integrate multiple power generation sources effectively, starting from small-scale renewables generated by micro-grids and other distributed generation sources, to larger scale conventionally fueled plants, to provide a better service to customers, which in turn will increase the earning opportunities. These earning opportunities helps the power companies to address several critical areas, including system efficiency, energy efficiency, customer engagement, interconnection and affordability.
Future of power sector hinge on the revolutionary potential of ongoing technological innovation
Due to the industry’s social and higher levels of economic growth, developing countries are likely to see rapid increase in power demand. So, power companies are forced to improve their efficiency to achieve not only greater competitiveness, but also an outstanding level of environmental performance. Energy and utilities companies understand that service effectiveness and efficiency can be improved only by adopting large scale IT technologies.
- Improve the efficiency of power distribution.
- Accelerate response time to restore service after power disturbance.
- Reduce operating cost of utilities
- Improve customer service.
- Effectively integrate renewable energy sources.
- Effectively integrate renewable storage devices.
- Improve the offering of new services, make a way to introduce new services for the power systems such as load balancing ancillary services, etc.
- Implementation of technologies to monitor and control the smart grid and its components
- Integration of smart meters to generate customer billing, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to retain the existing customer and attract the new ones.
For the new business approaches, power companies need to implement outstanding monitoring, control and management solutions that uses big data to enable real-time decisions.
These are some of the industry’s expectations from IT world
a)Customer Self Service
- Online procurement of service.
- Online registration of customer.
- Online Bill Payment.
b)Customer Help Desk
- Online acknowledgement of complaints.
- Online processing of complaints.
- Online updating of progress to customer.
c)Enablement of new Product and Service Offerings
- Home Automation.
- Solutions based on distributed generation and energy storage. E.g. Electric Vechicles
- Mobile apps for Bill Payment.
- Social CRM to proactively identify the service issues.
- Social Media.
- Automatic work order generation based on signals from assets or devices
- Automatic work scheduling & assignment.
f)Big Data Analytics
- Forecast Customer Behavior related to offer, pricing, customer service, etc.
- Analyze Customer decision pattern.
- Enhance Customer targeting, billing accuracy and channel management.
- Improve Customer service.
- Analyze the data generated by asset and devices and predict failure.
What we offer
Most utilities are committing to the digital technologies transforming their industry. The issue: While most utilities are increasingly investing in digital assets, they are losing significant growth potential by not transforming their core business model. The word disruption is often used to describe how technology is changing the world of business and that change is coming up for the utility sector. It could be challenge for power companies to embrace that change or get disrupted by it.
Consonansys recommend utilities look to digital disruptors from other industries—companies that have completely revolutionized every element of their respective industry’s traditional business model. The next generation utility charts the pivotal movement in the industry of power transformation.
Our services in this segment will deliver:
- Our experts help businesses in this transformation by digital reinvention and interconnecting people, network, homes and businesses.
- Optimize efficiency by an automated system suitable to the business or home to manage energy or water for them based on the lifestyle or usage providing economic and dynamic tariff and connecting with customers by smart meters, social media and other online channels using mobility and internet of things.
- Customer billing and operations systems to enable advanced billing features needed to connect those advancements with collection, customer care portals, and next generation mobile solutions.
- Next generation asset management solutions to improve the performance of assets such as generation source, huge transmission network, etc. and devices like sensors through preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Modern customer information systems to strengthen business performance and to improve customer engagement.
Our Services Include
- Application Development Services.
- Application Support & Maintenance Services.
- Mobile Application Development Services
- Big Data Implementation Services.
- Business Process Services.
- Solution Implementation Services.
- Infrastructure Services.
- Program Management.
- Leaders in our organization has got tremendous amount of experience leading several transformation projects across the globe, where business solutions were implemented ranging from 100 to 500 locations, on every project.
- Leaders in our organization has got tremendous amount of experience leading product development, wherein product was put in use for around 2000+ customers.
- Consultants with relevant industry experience go through a structured training for carrying out the consulting and technical work on their respective areas.